Mauston Aeronautical Light
This picture is of the two buildings that comprised the Mauston Aeronautical
Station in Mauston, Wisconsin. It was in that location from the early to mid
to approximately 1928. At that time, Mauston was decommissioned and the
moved to Lone Rock, WI.
building on the left was the actual facility. The one on the right was the
room. Sometime in the late 1940's or early 50's, the facility was replaced by a
building, but the original facility building was maintained and used as a
The generator building continued to house the emergency generator for Lone
FSS (LNR) right up to the day the facility closed. Around 1985 both
again moved, this time to Oshkosh, WI and the EAA's "Pioneer Airport"
of the EAA museum.
to Facility Photos home page.